Please note these resources do not indicate an endorsement by Duke Psychiatry. The resource information provided is subject to change. Please call the clinic, or check their website, for the most up-to-date information.
Tips on Navigating Community Resources
- Be prepared to leave a voicemail.
- Be prepared to be patient. It might be the case that a clinic has a waitlist, or the next available appointment is several weeks away.
When leaving a voicemail:
- Leave your first and last name and contact number.
- State that you are asking about provider availability for new patient therapy services.
- You may also wish to leave your e-mail address on the voicemail.
- If you don't hear back within three business days, call again and state that you're following up on your call.
When speaking with a clinic:
- Have your insurance card ready for reference.
- Be prepared to provide brief overview of your child's mental health history.
- State whether you prefer a video or in-person appointment.
- Be honest and share information on what you've been experiencing. It can be helpful to create a list ahead of time.
Therapy Resources by Network
- Triangle Area Aetna Therapy Resources
- Triangle Area BCBS Therapy Resources
- Triangle Area Cigna Therapy Resources
- Triangle Area Medicaid Therapy Resources
- Triangle Area Tricare Therapy Resources
- Triangle Area UHC Therapy Resources
Resources by Therapy Type
- Triangle Area Crisis Resources
- Triangle Area DBT Resources
- Triangle Area Grief Resources
- Triangle Area PCIT Resources
- Triangle Area Play Therapy Resources
- Triangle Area Substance Use Recovery Resources
- Triangle Area TF-CBT Resources
En Español: Triangle Area Spanish Speaking Therapy Resources